Wednesday 12 February 2014

Teenager Tells Court of Rape by Nyanya Pastor

A teenage girl has described in detail her rape at the hands of a Pastor to an Abuja High Court on Tuesday.
 
The 16-year-old, whose name has been withheld, told Justice Hussieni Baba-Yusuf that in 2012, Basil Princewill of Mountain Mover Fire Ministry Church in Nyanya told her that her foundation was dirty and he could cleanse her from the inside, so he poured anointing oil on her before raping her.
 
The victim told the court that Princewill said that her father’s wife was trying to kill her and that the Lord told him to perform a quick deliverance on her.
 
“I agreed for the deliverance to be carried out on me. During the deliverance, he carried a white handkerchief and a bottle of oil and asked me to remove my clothes. He told me that I am possessed with many evil spirits and it will only take my husband to deliver me and I was not married, he said that he will carry out the cleansing on me,’’ she said.
 
The victim testified that the Pastor led her into his bedroom where he anointed her with the oil before placing the handkerchief over her head, and when she became very weak he raped her.
 
“I cried and begged him to stop but he refused. I fainted and woke up later to see that I was bleeding from my private parts.”
 
The girl said that afterwards Princewill told her that the ‘deliverance’ will need to occur again soon to complete the cleansing of her blood, then he burnt the handkerchief outside.
 
When she discovered she was pregnant, he took her to Fantanu Head Medical Centre in Mararaba for an abortion.
 
“I ran out of the hospital but (papa) Apostle ran after me and beat me up, saying I want to bring shame to him,’’ she said. She was then forced to go through with the termination.
 
The case was adjourned to February 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment