Thursday 6 February 2014

Don’t Disappoint Nigerians - President to Newly Decorated Service Chiefs

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday presided over a ceremony at the Presidential Villa in Abuja in which the newly appointed service chiefs were officially inaugurated, and urged them to not to disappoint Nigerians.

The President specifically noted the insecurity in Borno State, saying: “I am convinced that we selected the right team to salvage this country at this time. You must not disappoint Nigerians, because none of us will sleep till the Nigerians in Borno State can sleep.”

The service chiefs who were decorated with their new ranks were Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh; Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant- General Kenneth Tobia Minimah; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Usman Jibrin and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Nunayon Amosu.

“I don't know whether I will congratulate you or I will sympathise with you because of the circumstances of the moment,” the President added. “So, I think I will wish you what I wish myself every year, and may we have enough time this period.”

“Definitely Nigerians will tell you what they expect from us. We must not fail this country and I believe this team will work together to be assisted by other intelligence services because the war against terror must be won in this country."

Air Chief Marshall Badeh thanked the President on behalf of his colleagues and promised that they will all work together to conquer terrorism, kidnapping and oil bunkering in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment