Thursday 13 February 2014

Mpape Teen Sentenced to Three Weeks in Prison for Stealing Windows and Door

An 18 year old student, Shola Kolawole of Jikoko Village, Mpape was yesterday sentenced to three week in prison by the Abuja Magistrates' Court for stealing two windows and a door. 

Kolawole had pleaded guilty to the crime and the magistrate, Hauwa Aliyu, passed the sentence without the option of a fine.

The secondary school student told the court that he stole the windows and door because he needed money to pay for school fees and a new uniform.

"I asked my parents to give me money but they said they don't have. My father has many wives and children; he can barely cater for all of us. I didn't know where to go to. Have mercy on me ,I won't do it again,” he said.

The offence was reported by Stella Chikezie, who told police that the accused stole the items from her house in Ajegunle, Mpape in the FCT. Kolawole was apprehended by security guards in the area who stopped him when he tried to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment