Friday 14 March 2014

I’m Not Afraid of Being Sacked – FCT Minister

A few days after the president queried the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Bala Mohammed, over the deplorable state of the environment in the territory, the minister has said that he is not afraid of being sacked.

He made the statement while inaugurating a 19-man committee, headed by the FCT police commissioner, Joseph Mbu, to rid the city of miscreants, destitute and sundry illegal activities.

The minister said he was ready to leave President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet whenever he is asked to do so.

“I am not afraid of being changed,” he said. “They had to change the cabinet before I came here and so I am under a strict notice, my sister (Minister of State, Oloye Olajumoke Akinjide) and I, anytime that God says we will go, we will go. But while we are here, we will do our duty; we are not afraid of being changed.”

This came days after the minister said that his directors and heads of agencies in the FCT administration had constantly lied to him about the true nature of degeneration of the capital city in their reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment