Tuesday 11 March 2014

FCT Minister: Directors Lied to Me About Environmental Degradation of the City

The minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Bala Mohammed has said that directors and heads of agencies in the FCT administration have constantly lied to him about the state of the capital city in their reports.

The minister made the statement yesterday while addressing journalists after an inspection tour of the city, during which he noted the environmental degradation in the city, including commercial motorcyclists operating unhindered in Area 1, Garki.

“I have seen that all the information the directors have been giving me in the files are lies,” he said. “They told me the city is clean but it is not true. We have gone round with you.
 
"They told me there are no street traders, but there are street traders everywhere. They told me there are no beggars but we saw them everywhere today. They told me there were no okada riders but in fact, the okadas are more than the vehicles. Definitely, you can see that what they told me is not true.”
 
He warned that anyone not willing to work should either resign or be sacked as the administration cannot continue to allow lack of capacity by some of its directors to thwart the efforts it was making to sanitise the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment